TECHNICAL DIRECTOR – LIVE PERFORMANCE
Founded in 2005, MONLOVE is a “content driven” full production company that creates unique live experiences and unforgettable stories based on the most iconic franchises in the world. Our credo is to innovate with ideas that send a message of love and hope to the world. Join our team to bring some magic into your everyday.
We are always looking for hardworking, creative individuals to join our team!
MONLOVE is seeking an experienced Technical Director with an expertise in touring productions, who will contribute to new concepts and everchanging ways of getting our productions from script to on tour!
- Manages a team of technical staff, as well as working with unionized teams
- Establish and manage both material and labour costing for all production elements; technical and scenic
- Communicates with all teams, within designs, concept and producers to realize production’s designs
- Ensure all production elements are delivered on schedule and on budget
- Works closely with Stage Management and engages with staff and crew
- Manages the concept, implementation and installation of all scenic elements in the theatres
- Co-ordinate all technical and staffing requirements for all shows and for rental and partner companies
- Conduct and document life-safety system checks to meet regulatory standards as assigned
- Reports all logistics as required to production teams
- Manages the build process in the carpentry, paint, puppetry and prop shops, including scheduling, timely supply of required materials, and safe operations consistent with health and safety policies, maintaining a production quality of the highest standard
- Works from beginning development stages of production to final stages
- Completion of a post-secondary degree from a recognized University, College, or Technical Theatre training institution; or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 6 years experience in all aspects of technical theatre with a minimum of 3 years as a working Technical Director is expected
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Theatre Agreement (CTA) and touring production logistics and planning
- Proficiency in MS Office
- A thorough knowledge of theatrical lighting, sound, and projection systems; and comprehensive knowledge of QLAB
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, integrity, creativity, a collaborative spirit, and the cultural sensitivity needed to work effectively in a diverse environment of artists, producers, creative and management teams
- French and English
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line 'Technical Director - Live Performance.'
We will contact you if your resume is selected.